Auto Insurance cost and coverage needs differ from person to person – no single company is best for everyone!
Call Kape Insurance Agency today for personal, professional advice on all your insurance options.
When you work with an independent agent you are not stuck with one insurance company and the solutions that company provides. Instead, you will have a range of choices from top insurance companies. Your agent at Kape Insurance will not only take time to understand your needs and help you compare quotes, but will help find discounts so you can get better value from your policy. And your agent will continue to be accessible to you with one local phone call when you have questions or concerns, or need to file a claim.
We will also help you look at bundling multiple vehicles together, or combining your home and auto policies under one insurance company, so that you can get the best rate for the type of coverage you want. Kape Insurance professional agents help you review several policy choices, coverage limits, deductibles and pricing, and will help choose the best fit for you.
The Cost of car accidents in the U.S.
- Crashes cost $61,600 on average
- A critically injured person can accumulate $1 Million in medical expenses
Legal defense alone can cause devastating financial hardship, even if it turns out you are not found to be at fault. For this reason, it is important to think carefully about the coverage you may need in the event of an accident. If you buy car insurance online without professional advice, you may not be fully covered. As you consider your policy needs, it is important to keep the coverage limits in mind. The costs of a severe crash can quickly exceed the limits. If that occurs, you will have to pay for costs out of your own pocket. Buying a no-frills basic car insurance policy may meet state requirements, but may not provide the compensation you need to recover from an accident.
What does car insurance cover?
There are three primary types of insurance coverage:
- Liability Insurance: Covers the costs associated with injuries and property damage you are responsible for if you cause an accident.
- Collision: Covers the costs to repair or replace your damaged or destroyed vehicle after an accident.
- Comprehensive: Formally known as “other than collision,” this portion of your policy covers damage to your vehicle from causes such as auto theft and weather damage.
There are also several different types of coverage which may be available to you, including:
- Medical payments: Covers the costs of injuries for you and others in your vehicle after an accident, regardless of who was at fault.
- Personal injury protection (PIP): Similar to medical payments coverage, PIP coverage can pay your medical costs after an accident, regardless of fault. But PIP offers expanded coverage that includes coverage for lost wages.
- Rental reimbursement: Pays a certain amount daily for a replacement vehicle if yours is in the shop for repairs.
- Towing and roadside service: Provides emergency roadside assistance and towing to help you get your vehicle back on the road or to a shop for repair.
The risks of buying auto insurance online
Shopping for insurance online may be a great way to get information and rough quotes, but there are drawbacks to actually buying your auto coverage that way. One of the drawbacks with buying car insurance online is that it may not match your needs. Many people go looking for instant online insurance, only to find that it is difficult to know whether it offers the right amount and type of protection..
It is important to discuss your risks and coverage options with a qualified insurance agent from Kape Insurance, who can help ensure that you don’t have coverage gaps. An independent agent can help you learn everything you need to know to make an informed decision about your car insurance. As a member agent in the Trusted Choice network, Kape Insurance Agency is your best one-stop shop.