Rented Home and Condos

If you rent out a home, condo unit, or other types of residential investment properties, you will need a landlord or rental dwelling policy. Landlord, or non-owner occupied policies, provide property insurance coverage for physical damage to the structure of the home caused by fire, lightning, wind, hail, ice, snow or other covered perils.

Contents that are owned by you can also be included. (Example: furnished dwelling, appliances).

Loss of Rents coverage can also be included.  Loss of Rents coverage is meant to provide you with continuing rental income while the home is being repaired due to damage from a covered peril.

These policies should also provide Liability coverage which will protect you for bodily injury and property damage to others caused by your actions or negligence.

This policy is usually referred to as a DP3 or Combination Dwelling policy.  There can be significant differences between policy options, coverage provided and premium levels depending on your needs.

At Kape Insurance Agency, we understand how important your investment is to you. Contact us today to discuss your options!

Call 908-757-6666 or send us an email.

Contact Us

“I highly recommend Kape insurance for your insurance needs. I've been with them since 2007 never had a problem always courteous and very professional handling all my insurance needs. What ever it is from a phone conversation or a email always very quickly responding to my company needs. Great staff ... Alan, Judy & Barbara keep up the good work.” Sincerely, Jose Lugo J & J Elite Carpentry Inc. Elite Stair-Way's LLC

First John Laux Memorial Scholarship recipient

By all accounts, John Laux was a model representative of the industry. John’s decade-long work in the industry was tragically cut short after a brief and hard-fought battle with cancer. He is remembered fondly by all who worked with him. PIA recognized John posthumously with its Company Person of the Year award in 1995, and […]

Read More